Friday, July 9, 2010

Catching Up

It has been WAY too long since I wrote in here last...almost a month! I think part of the reason for that is the fact that I have internet on my phone this summer so I can do a quick email or facebook check rather than driving all the way into town to use my computer. Unfortunately, this has kept me from writing and I feel less content whenever that is the case. There's something particularly calming about the sounds and feel of the keys under my fingers as I type that is hard to beat.

Here's a quick bullet list of what has happened since I last wrote and maybe you will see why it took so long to write:
  • Mom came to visit me and we had a great 3+ days of final job interviews, Glen Haven cinammon rolls, moose jumping fences, driving across the park, naps, hikes, Boulder visits, and more!

  • I GOT A JOB!! As of my first day on August 3rd, I will be the new orchestra /or choir director (depending on the school) at Chappelow, Winograd, and Brentwood Middle Schools!

  • I GOT AN APARTMENT!! I move in on Wednesday, and Dad is helping with the drive. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED EITHER IN FLAGSTAFF TUESDAY MORNING OR GREELEY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON! I'm excited for the long car ride with Dad since we haven't had much one-on-one time in a while, but I'm also really excited that he will be one of the first people to see my new place!

  • I've been on two backpacking trips. The first was with Laura, Hannah, and K to Upper Mill Creek which is one of my favorite short hikes in the park. The second was this week with Laura to Pine Marten which ended up being a 32 mile epic adventure (post re: this trip to be coming soon)!

  • I've been working lots of overtime, but also making sure to take time for myself and for hiking. I've reached around 150 miles already this summer and my goal was 200, so that's in good shape!

I turn 23 tomorrow which doesn't feel strange at all. Between all this new job and apartment stuff, I feel like a grown up! I've set up my own electric, gas, internet, car insurance, and renter's insurance bills, and it's so cool not needing a co-signer. I feel even more independent than ever before, which is really saying something!

I'm working in the morning, then getting off early to go to a wedding with Tom for some of his friends from high school. It doesn't really feel like it's a birthday, especially since most of the people I hang out with are 23+ anyway up here. Despite that, I feel that so much has happened in year 22 so I can't even wait to see what is coming my way this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment