Monday, January 4, 2010

First Day of School! First Day of School!

Nemo: First day of school! First day of school! Wake up, wake up! C'mon, first day of school!

Marlin: I don't wanna go to school. Five more minutes.

Nemo: Not you, dad. Me!

Marlin: Okay...huh?

Nemo: Get up, get up! It's time for school! It's time for school! It's time for school! It's time for school! Oh boy! Oh boy!

Marlin: All right, I'm up.

Nemo: Oh boy--whoa!

Marlin: Nemo!

Nemo: First day of school!

As I got ready for bed last night, my mind was conflicted with both Nemo and Merlin thoughts. I couldn't get over my excitement, but apprehension was still apparent and I wasn't sure of what to expect for student teaching. The alarm went off at 6:40am, and when I looked out the window I realized this was the first time in a LONG time that I was up before the sun. When I walked into school this morning though, Marlin was gone and I was completely excited. The overwhelming amount of teachers I met, along with five classes comprised of both 5th and 3rd graders did not disappoint my expectations, and I have already had a chance to teach!

Not only teaching, I have officially created my first public school bulletin board! :) We cut out 22 foil "kisses" (one for each class) and a saying about kissing the old year goodbye, yadda yadda. As each class enters, we have been talking with them about resolutions and encouraging the students to suggest class resolutions for this semester. After voting on one, I type it in a blue, squiggly font and that is the paper streamer for their respective kiss on the board in the hall. It's really cute and should be done by the end of the week!

Tomorrow, I am in charge of teaching all the first grade classes! I brought the book home tonight so I can design the lesson plan, but I am really excited about how that will go! By Thursday and Friday of this week, I will already be completely in charge because Mrs. Stamer will be at the AMEA conference. I can't believe how fast everything is already moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment