Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weeks Two and Three

Week two went very smoothly, and I taught most of the classes already. I have been keeping a list of all sorts of ideas for my lesson plans and future classroom, and will have to sync those sometime very soon. Despite a rough time at NAU and in my personal life right now, I am able to separate all of that and maintain a professional attitude at work without letting any of those outside issues affect me in the classroom.

Week three was a different story. I was prepared to teach every grade except 6th this week, and only excluding that grade so Mrs. Stamer could still do some classes. Unfortunately, we received over five feet of snow and I never went in all week. Apparently we don't need to make up these days because there is some rule that if more than three days in a row are missed, that's considered a natural disaster or something like that. That means the days don't need to be made up which is kind of nice since there is only one more snow day scheduled into the calendar and I really, REALLY don't want to lose Spring Break!

Tomorrow is a two-hour delay due to slow progress across town with the snow clean up, but who can blame them!? Hopefully that will be the last interference with student teaching because I don't want to miss out on any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment